Teen Boot Camp
TEEN BOOT CAMPS
at Spooky Nook Sports in Lancaster, PA
For teen athletes with T1D and their parents. This unique and wonderful opportunity to learn clinical, mental skills and fitness strategies from Dr. Matthew Corcoran and his team of experts will help teen athletes manage their T1D during sport and help them take their performance to the next level. Teens and parents will share, learn and receive support from experts and from their peers who are facing similar challenges and questions. An amazing community and bond will develop that will last a lifetime. NOTE: Teens under 18 MUST attend with at least 1 parent or guardian.
- Thursday thru Saturday
- Run by DTC founder and president, Dr. Matthew Corcoran and his team of experts
- An intensive weekend at Spooky Nook Sports in Lancaster, PA, including lectures and workouts geared for teens only, parents only and full family
- All attendees will exercise with our trainers
Registration Fee includes:
- 1 Teen Athlete (subsidized by the Diabetes Training Camp Foundation)
- 1 Parent / Guardian
- All meals and snacks
- All activities
- Time with amazing expert staff, many of whom have T1D, from all over the country including:
- Dr. Corcoran, DTC founder and endocrinologist who specializes in T1D and exercise
- a CDE/registered dietician with expertise in healthy fuelling
- DTC expert mental skills coach
- professional fitness staff at Spooky Nook
Spooky Nook Sports is the largest indoor sports complex in North America & is home to the USA Women’s Olympic Field Hockey team. It’s easily accessed from Interstates 81 and 76 & the Harrisburg International Airport & Philadelphia International Airport.
check out SPOOKY NOOK » | check out THE WAREHOUSE HOTEL »
Through generous contributions, the Diabetes Training Camp Foundation is able to subsidize a portion of the cost for each teen athlete. Registration fee covers the cost of 1 teen + 1 parent. Contact us for costs of additional family members. Included are 3 nights stay at The Warehouse Hotel adjacent to Spooky Nook, meals & programming & a reboot webinar with staff 8-10 weeks after camp. Athletes under 18 are required to attend with at least one parent. All parents are encouraged to attend.
TEEN BOOT CAMP FACULTY
A highly qualified team of experts, including pediatric and adult diabetes specialists, an exercise physiologist, registered dietitians and CDE’s, a mental skills coach, clinicians and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker will deliver the immersive and intensive program to facilitate open and healthy communication between teens and their parents/support systems, and vice versa, in order to set the teenager up to work toward and meet their health and performance goals. Workouts will be challenging, informational and geared toward practicing strategies for diabetes management to help athletes excel. Parents will have the opportunity to share, learn and support their teen in parent only lectures and family lectures, as well as on the field. And, teens will be surrounded by peers who are struggling with the same challenges and questions creating a community and bond that will last long after camp wraps up.
Read More about DTC’s TEEN BOOT CAMP FACULTY »