A LETTER FROM DR. MATT CORCORAN... (click to expand, click again to collapse)
Dear DTC Supporters,
June 14th means a lot to me. That day, 12 years ago, was the very first day of Diabetes Training Camp. I remember it well. When I opened registration for that camp I was nervous, worried whether or not people would come. Before I knew it we had registrations from all over the country and from Ireland, Israel and the United Kingdom. I was in disbelief but very grateful and motivated by the confirmation that people needed this camp. At the end of camp, Chris B looked me square in the eyes and said “You can’t stop now, Matt!” I completely agreed.
Our alumni tell us that Diabetes Training Camp is MAGICAL, because during that week, we transform lives. We want to continue to make that magic happen! Many of you have asked what you can do to help. We have created One Day of Giving as an annual opportunity for our tremendous community to celebrate your DTC pride, to give back and to pay it forward. As many of you know, we run our camps at cost. And, we continue to depend on a major volunteer effort to offer our unique, comprehensive and multi-disciplinary resource. Dollars raised through One Day of Giving will continue to enable us to grow and reach more people. Fifty percent of funds raised will be applied to camp scholarships and the other fifty percent will be applied to costs associated with developing year round services to support our community.
One Day of Giving, scheduled for June 14th, is 24 hours when we all come together to show our DTC pride by giving to the areas of Diabetes Training Camp that mean the most to us. Gifts of all sizes will add up to have a big impact for future campers, alumni, families, staff and the entire DTC community. There is great strength in numbers.
Please help us reach our goal of $20,000 in one day! Thank you all for the incredible ways that you have contributed to our community, and touched my life at the same time. Thank you for continually sharing your incredible toughness and resiliency – you continue to demonstrate daily that diabetes will not slow you down. Thank you for taking this opportunity to give back, and for helping future members of our community live the life they want to live. THANK YOU for contributing to the MAGIC!
Stay Well, Dr. Matt
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED... (click to expand, click again to collapse)
- DONATE – Give for the magic on Facebook or our website and help us reach our goal of $20,000 in 24 hours.
- WIN – On Facebook or Instagram post pictures of yourself wearing DTC merchandise with the hashtag #giveforthemagic to be entered into a drawing for new DTC swag.
- WIN – on Facebook or Instagram tell us why you #giveforthemagic using that hashtag to be entered into a drawing for new DTC swag.
- SHARE – make sure your posts are public so we can share them all day long.
- ENGAGE – from 12am on June 14th to 11:59pm we will be sharing updates, stories, facts, highlighting donors and having fun.
How to Donate
Use the form below
- Choose a dollar amount or type in a custom dollar amount
- Choose a payment method:
- CREDIT CARD: click “PayPal” to donate by Credit Card. NOTE: you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to donate by credit card. Simply click “Pay with CREDIT CARD” when it appears to use PayPal’s secure processing.
- CHECK or CASH: click “Offline Donation” to donate by check or cash and to get mailing instructions.
- Type into all mandatory fields (marked with a *)
- Click DONATE NOW
Diabetes Training Camp Foundation (EIN: 47-2857170) is an Illinois not for profit corporation. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent provided by the law. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your generous donation.