Register for Camp
A TYPICAL DAY:
- 2-3 lectures/day on topics including clinical, nutritional, exercise physiology & mental skills.
- Workouts in the morning and afternoon staffed by expert coaches, medical staff and other clinical specialists.
- Campers choose daily from cycling, running, walking, swimming, group fitness classes and yoga. Our coaches teach athletes of all levels. If you are interested in anything from a couch to 5K program to training tips for an Ironman, we’ve got you covered!
- Each camp has one special event (Either a guest speaker or a community building event).
- Most importantly, campers become members of an amazing community who rely on, help and share with each other long after camp ends. Each camper will leave with the information, education and community they need to live the life they want to live.
- All meals and snacks
- All activities
- Spending time with 10-25 amazing and expert staff from all over the country, many of whom have T1D
- One-on-one consultations with DTC experts including:
- Dr. Corcoran, DTC founder and endocrinologist who specializes in T1D and exercise
- a CDE/registered dietician with expertise in healthy fueling,
- DTC expert mental skills coach and
- your choice amongst many of our amazing athletic coaches
* This represents a typical week-long camp. Our shorter “Boot Camps” do not include formalized one-on-one consultations.
You can pay in full (or by installment with an initial 25% deposit) by CHECK or CREDIT CARD (via paypal).
ADULT & YOUNG ADULT CAMPJune 25 - 30, 2018
Millersville University sits on a beautiful sprawling 250 acre campus nestled in scenic Lancaster. We’ll cycle through Lancaster’s rolling farmlands, take runs and walks on beautiful trails and enjoy the picturesque campus as we stay in the dorm and eat at the dining hall. Our camp at Millersville will have a collegial and community feel. Each camper will share a suite with another camper, but have their own bedroom. We are able to accommodate ALL fitness levels and we encourage adults of all ages to attend.
ADULT & YOUNG ADULT CAMPAugust 13 – 18, 2018
SPOOKY NOOK SPORTS
Spooky Nook is the largest indoor sports complex in N. America with first-class courts, fields, climbing areas and even a ninja warrior course. We will cycle, walk and run through the beautiful Lancaster countryside, but also utilize The Nook facilities throughout camp. We will stay in the adjacent Warehouse hotel, a 4.5 star hotel, with modern rooms and amenities. Meals will be catered and served in the conference center where we hold our lectures. This camp has a community feel with activities being centralized in one building. Each camper will be paired with another camper to share a hotel room. For an added fee, campers can request a single room. We are able to accommodate ALL fitness levels and we encourage adults of all ages to attend.
TEEN BOOT CAMPAugust 2 - 5, 2018
*Teen @ $175 + 1 parent @ $975
SPOOKY NOOK SPORTS
For teen athletes with T1D and their parents. This unique and wonderful opportunity to learn clinical, mental skills and fitness strategies from Dr. Matthew Corcoran and his team of experts will help teen athletes manage their T1D during sport and help them take their performance to the next level. Teens and parents will share, learn and receive support from experts and from their peers who are facing similar challenges and questions. An amazing community and bond will develop that will last a lifetime.
NOTE: Teens under 18 MUST attend with at least 1 parent or guardian.
TEEN ATHLETE @ $175 (subsidized by the Diabetes Training Camp Foundation) + 1 PARENT / GUARDIAN @ $975 — TOTAL: $1150
- Additional family members welcome. Please note it on your registration form and we will contact you about rates.
Coaching & education for all levels of exercisers and athletes with diabetes.
You Get It. We Get It Too. Come Experience That Magic.